Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ain't nothing

So I wrote this back in 2005. I think that's when my struggle to really become comfortable with myself began. This may sound silly to most people but low self esteem isn't an issue that should be belittled. Just because it's easy to ignore and it doesn't obviously disrupt peoples lives doesn't make it any less of an issue than say anorexia. How do you think those girls develop such a horrible disease in the first place? It starts with self esteem and self worth. It's hard to find it in yourself when no one else is giving you reason to believe you're worthy of loving yourself. I've always had good self worth BUT, self esteem is something I've always struggled with. This was one of my first steps in completely accepting myself, every part of myself.

Note: yes, Self esteem and Self worth have different meanings, look it up.

Ain't Nothing

Oh, I'm sorry were you looking at me?
Did you see something wrong?
Did you find a mistake?
Am I not the right size?
Am I not the right hue?
Yes, I'm talking to you!

Did you find a glitch, in you're little niche?
No?
Oh yeah, that's right.

Because there's nothing wrong with the length of my legs, or the width of my waist
No there's nothing wrong with the thick of my thighs or my handles of love
I see no annoyance in the deep of my eyes and flat of my nose
I feel no dilemma in the strength of my pride and have no reason to hide

So we're not as different as you thought we might be
I guess ain't nothing wrong with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment