Thursday, December 29, 2011

Found this

I love when I rediscover things I've written. It's as though I didn't write it, but I did so I can still alter it to my perfection. This wasn't titled and I haven't come up with a title so it's untitled for now.

I want to forget you
Go back to the day before I met you
Every muscle to lose its memory
To forget it ever missed it
So it's as if you never existed

How do I undo us?
Or what ever this was
Call it lust.

It couldn't have been love
If it was, was it lost?
Why did we not get lost with it?
or in it, however it is people in love are apt to wander

Maybe we were too found in love we stopped trying
Too ground in love for it to pull us under
Too much something to keep searching the way the lost might quest for the way home

Home, where the heart is
We missed. You're missed.
You mistook me for the type of woman that might stay despite your flaws apparent
For a moment, though I was.
For a moment as I loved with my eyes shut.

---

Not too sure if I'm done yet. I feel like maybe there should be a resolution but maybe its fine the way it is? I think that's why I forgot about it. I forgot that I needed to add an ending but what better ending than one without resolution. Nothing in life is wrapped as pretty as my poems tend to be. That being said I still feel like something is missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment