Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Thought Catalog Submission

I decided to submit my piece, Remember Me, to ThoughtCatalog.com because I think I can write like they can. With my own style and pizzazz of course. So they asked me to tell them something interesting and this was the interesting thing I came up with. Comments? 

I recently got out of a relationship and found that being single these days isn't actually fun. So I started a blog. Single-larity.blogspot.com Okay, I shouldn't say 'recently' it's been a couple years but I got back to writing because of my epic inability to realize my potential as an averagely attractive single female in her mid 20's. I shouldn't saying writing either, I've been writing here and there all my life but blogging, that's what I found my way back to.

Although being single isn't fun, it is FUNny to a degree. You know, after I stop kicking myself because I'm a moron with a complete unawareness of social cues. Especially romantic ones. They just fly right over my head, it's absurd. A guy literally has to tell me he likes me before I pick up on it, and then I'm not really 'picking up on it', it's just obvious.

I have another blog with poems and random thoughts about the world. Ptgreey.blogspot.com I like to think of myself as a cautious optimist. Just being an optimist is scary. Preparation for the worst helps me enjoy my optimism a little more. What's the saying? "Expect the worst, hope for the best". Yeah, GENIUS! Anywhoo, I hope that was interesting. I just wanted to submit this poem because, it always makes me smile. I hope it makes you smile too. Have a good day!

2 comments:

  1. I just created a link. click on Remember me it should take you to the page. Thats the piece i submitted but i'm abt to submit another one.

    ReplyDelete